Wednesday 22 February 2012

losar tashi delek!

Losar Tashi Delek! (Happy Tibetan New Year)

My boyfriend is Tibetan and today marks the first time I celebrated the Tibetan new year. It is so exciting to be included in his family's celebrations. You have to wake up early and dress up to ring in the new year. Wearing new clothes is a must so I wore my lambswool sweater and the minty green bustier from Aritzia. What a great excuse for having bought them, haha.  Traditionally, Tibetans dress up in "chupas" which is their national dress. They are gorgeous!

Bright, floral chupas.  


I really want a chupa. I think it's because I'm trying so hard to embrace Kelsang's culture, lol. I adore Tibetan and Nepali food and I am slowly trying to learn how to speak Tibetan. I really do hope I have the chance to adorn a chupa. A chupa is gorgeous! So colurful and elegant reminiscent to a kimono.

Ah, the kimono! I really want one but I have never stumbled across where I am comfortable paying for it. I know Aritzia probably sells one but I'm going to assume it's over 100+ because of it's silk material. For now I will admire them from a far.

L to R (top first) : Spun by Subtle Luxury ($95 from piperlime.gap.com), Temperley London Rosine ($1220 from net-a-porter.com), Stuble Luxury ($120 from farfetch.com), H&M ($30), Sass & Bide ($660 from harveynichols.com), Hibiscus print ($120 from Topshop)  created by myself on polyvore
 

Most of the kimonos in the set are definitely far from my grasp. My favourites are the Temperley London kimono and the Hibisus print from Topshop. I love how diverse they can be as well. Ranging from a long kimono to a short one. Although, I do find myself a floral loving girl a kimono would be beautiful in an any print such as an animal print (H&M). If you know where to get them for cheap let me know! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment